Okay, before I start. I would like to let you all know that I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award. Wow. I’m so happy. (I’ve got an award!)
Here’s what it is:
The Liebster Award – General Info and Rules
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
- This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
- It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
- It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
- It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
- The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
- Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
- Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
- Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
- Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”.
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
There’s a whole different set of rules but I’m just gonna go with the one Cumuloquoise Blog gave me. Thank you so much for nominating me, I’m glad that you like my blog and gave it some recognition, it’s something I’m not getting enough of. Everybody go check out her blog, it’s awesome. Quite a few things I’m into are on there so if you’re into the things I’m into then you’ll be into the things she’s into. Wow, I’m confusing.
Anyway, I’m going to answer the questions I’ve been given in hope of enlightening you all with some new information about me.:
Why did you decide to blog in the first place?
Hmmm. Well, I think the main reason I started this blog was due to the fact that it’s everything I love mushed up into one thing. I was 13, a newly turned teenager, and the procrastinating and obsession with celebrities, books and TV had gotten worse. I also love writing but felt as though I didn’t show it off enough to the world. I’d always wanted to write a book but that would take years to get recognised, whereas blogging is you being yourself just rambling on about the things you love and then the next day having all these internet friends. So yeah, I definitely needed this. It’s an outlet, all that locked up information that no one cares about can be told to you guys. And I think everyone else who can’t contain their feels, love to write and spend waaaayy too much time on the internet, a blog is the way forward.
Name three of your pastimes or hobbies.
I’ll go with hobbies. Erm, okay, I really enjoy reading, like really enjoy it. I honestly don’t mind what it is, I’ll read it. From novels, to comics, from biographies, to text books. I literally do not care. I even read all the signs and billboards we go past when I’m in the car. Reading is just a way to escape the real world and find yourself in a new one, and you learn lots of things from it too. It is the only hobby that I can honestly say I’ve had since I was born.
Eating is also something I love, but I guess that’s not a hobby. Well, I do have loads of scrapbooks at home. That hobby started just a little before my blogging when I decided that I’d become a magazine hoarder. I needed to get rid of them, so instead of just throwing them out into recycling, I cut out the things I liked (band posters, cool fashion, celeb interviews and articles) and just pasted them inside these huge a3 scrapbooks. I have abandoned that as of late, but I will get back to it hopefully. It’s just nice to look back at all the things you once loved. Like, when I started it, you’ll find lots of jewellery and girly dresses cut out, and a lot of Disney Channel shows, but now you’ll find really grungy and gothic outfits, and more sophisticated celebs and films. I recommend scrap-booking to those of you who have a ton of magazines or just like to read about celebrities. If you keep all your favourite articles and style choices in a scrapbook, trust me, you’ll find yourself reading them over and over again. They just don’t get old.
Roller-blading was another hobby of mine but that was a few years ago, I haven’t touched my roller-blades for a while. So instead, I’m gonna go with, nature. (I’m so cheating right now, definitely done more than three hobbies.) I just like taking walks in parks and stuff. Don’t get me wrong, I NEVER leave the house on my own accord, but when the opportunity comes, I take it. Last year during the summer, we went to a huge park, and honestly, I probably explored all of it. All I did was take photos and pretend I was some really awesome forest spirit (what). I just like that sort of stuff. I don’t know, when the time comes, I’m really active.
If you could interview anyone right now, who would it be and why?
Emma Watson. Probably because she’s my favourite actress. My first favourite actress. I’ve been watching her films since I was born. I won’t be surprised if she was the first person I’d veer seen on TV. And just because she’s interesting. The way she balances her education with her acting, and how she has so many hobbies. Her desire to do everything, that’s a trait we both have in common.
If you could interview anyone who has already died, who would it be and why?
Wow. This is harder. Erm…OMG. I’ve got one. Kurt Cobain. I was just talking about him yesterday. Yep. definitely Kurt Cobain. For those of you who don’t know him, he was the lead singer in Nirvana, a grunge band. I’d interview him because, first, he’s an awesome singer, he’s just awesome, him and his band- awesome. Secondly, because I’d like to know what inspired some of his songs. And third, because he’s Kurt Cobain.
But now that I’ve chosen Kurt, I can think of many other people I would like to interview, Mohamed Ali, Audrey Hepburn, Margaret Thatcher, Adolf Hitler, Heath Ledger…wow, okay.
Okay, Kurt’s amazing but maybe he can wait in the queue ^^^^^
Recommend a movie.
This is just great. I practically get attached to almost every single film I watch so…okay. Anything superhero (DC or Marvel- the recent ones), Harry Potter films, any book-to-film adaption really. Okay no. Wow, I’m rubbish at this. Sorry.
Okay. No. Wait. Aliens in the Attic.
That film never ceases to entertain me.
Recommend a book.
I just finished reading an extraordinary book the other day. It’s called Solitaire. It’s about a sarcastic girl who likes blogging (get why I like it) and all sorts of nerdy stuff I like (Star Wars, Harry Potter, etc.) She also has a good taste in music. If you loved Fangirl, or John Green books, you’ll love this. It’s amazing, the author’s British and was only 18 when this was published and is 19 now. I actually reached out to her on Twitter and Instagram about her book. She’s glad I loved it, and she said she’s working on a new book which will be released next year. Can’t wait! She also gave me writing advice so yeah.
In case you’re wondering, this is not a love story.
My name is Tori Spring. I like to sleep and I like to blog. Last year – before all that stuff with Charlie and before I had to face the harsh realities of A-Levels and university applications and the fact that one day I really will have to start talking to people – I had friends. Things were very different, I guess, but that’s all over now.
Now there’s Solitaire. And Michael Holden.
I don’t know what Solitaire are trying to do, and I don’t care about Michael Holden.
I really don’t.
Recommend an album.
I usually just find individual songs that I like and listen to them, never really an entire album. But I think I’ll go with ‘5 Seconds Of Summer’, 5SOS’ self-titled album. It is really good. I also like Mayday Parade’s ‘A Lesson In Romantics’. That’s really good. All their songs are actually. Erm…yeah.
Recommend a Youtuber.
I really haven’t been watching YouTube lately, but I did watch a funny video the other day made by a very underrated film maker that’s on Youtube called TIM H. He’s pretty cool. Has some pretty cool videos. Check them out, if you’re more into some story type, professional, video. Project Library is a good one of his and also Bad Burglars.
If you could cosplay as any character, who would it be and why?
Black Widow, cos she’s a superhero, a female superhero, and she wears black. Erm Clary Fray, cos she’s a demon hunter, a female demon hunter, and she wears black. Hermione Granger, cos she’s a witch, a female witch (duh, but just go along with it), and she wears black…robes…
Some kick-ass female fictional character.
Who is your celebrity crush?
Seriously? This question. Hehe…ha, well…erm, considering I have a different one every week. This is kind of hard. But one that I’ve been crushing on the most since March, is Luke Hemmings. He’s just perfect.
What’s your favourite fandom?
I am part of many fandom. I’m like, multi-fandom-ical…
But, the first ever fandom that I joined, joined without knowing actually, was the Harry Potter fandom. Yes. I was a Potterhead from a very young age. And I still am today.
That was the most gruelling thing I’ve ever done.
For my nominees:
- You have to link back to the person who nominated you.
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing the questions, you must nominate at least 5 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You are not allowed to nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
- What/ Who inspired you to start your blog?
- If you were stranded on an Island, which three things would you take with you?
- You’re home alone. What’s the one thing you do that you wouldn’t normally do if your parents were there?
- Out of all the colours in the world, which three colours do you like best? And why.
- All time favourite food that you would be willing to live on?
- Favourite film genre, book genre, music genre and WHY.
- Your favourite quote and why.
- Worst situation to be in.
- Would you rather make a new law, or get rid of a law? What law would you make/get rid of?
- Favourite word and why.
- A bad habit.
Sorry for the rubbish questions, but good luck! xoxo
P.S. Why is chitty chitty bang bang stuck in my head…?